As part of our activities, Wallington Village Community Association (WVCA) collects, stores and processes personal information about members of the Association and Hall users.

We are committed to treat such personal information in a fair, secure and lawful manner.

Type of data held

As a registered charity, community association and owner / manager of the Wallington Village Hall we hold:

  • Contact details of members (names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses)
  • Contact details of Hall users (names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses)

Purpose of collecting the data

  • Records of members
  • Record of Hall users
  • Accounting and auditing

The data will be held for a period of seven years in line with HMRC guidelines for gift aid claim and accounting procedures.

Sharing of data

We will not share or sell your data to third parties, unless required to do so by law. This might be the result of:

  • A Court Order
  • Legislative duty
  • Requirement by a body that inspects charitable funds
  • An order by a body that detects crime and fraud

Your rights concerning the data we hold

The legislation gives you the right to:

  • Know what information we hold about you and why
  • Access the information held
  • Change the information if it is incorrect
  • Ask that the information be deleted, unless we are required to retain it by law
  • Restrict the use of the information
  • Request that the data be transferred to a different body
  • Object to the way the data is being used
  • Prevent automated decision making and profiling

Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights or to find out more about the data we hold, you should contact the Secretary of the WVCA through the link on the information page.

Our right to contact members of the Association

The law requires us to gain members’ consent about receiving communications from us.

This approval will be given by members when they complete the annual membership form.

Should you wish to opt out of receiving communications from us, or to change the method of communication, you should contact the Secretary of the WVCA through the link on the information page.